For the safety of our YMCA members, program participants and staff, we are being thoughtful and intentional as we navigate each new phase of our reopening. Based on CDC and state guidelines, all membership branches are operating with limited offerings to allow our staff time to maintain facility cleanliness and control facility traffic in accordance with social distancing.
We continue to work through a plan to increase offerings and services as the State allows. We will closely follow the Governor’s orders (including capacity limits) and require that everyone maintain six feet of social distance from others. We eagerly await the opportunity to see you at the Y again and continue serving you, our friends and neighbors!
Frequently Asked Questions
Keep Your Distance
We have prepared our branches for social distancing by spacing out equipment, alternating our treadmill and cardio usage to every other machine, and by limiting capacity in the facility and in classes so everyone has the recommended six feet of space.
Wipe Down Equipment
Our Y staff will be sanitizing equipment and high-touch areas regularly and deep cleaning after the facilities are closed to the public. Please do your part by wiping down equipment before and after your workout with the disinfectant and sanitizer provided.
Expect Reduced Capacity
Currently, the State is mandating that gym capacity be limited to 5 people (staff and members) per 1,000 square feet or 20% capacity, whichever is less. Each of our facilities are different in size and will have a different operating capacity. Through gate check-ins, we will actively monitor the attendees in the branches to adhere to this order.
Wearing A Mask
While not required by state regulations, we strongly encourage members and guests to wear their masks in all common areas, and whenever social distancing is not possible. Group exercise classes and cardio machines have been spaced out to provide room for social distancing, so mask wearing is at your discretion then, but if you are in the lobby, restroom, locker room or other common area, please wear your mask out of consideration for others.
Stay Home if You Are Sick
If you are experiencing any symptoms, such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please stay home.
- We recommend that you bring a mask, workout towel and filled water bottle. We are not offering towel service at our branches at this time.
- While masks are not required, we strongly encourage you to wear one whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
- If you are participating in a group exercise class that requires a mat, please bring your own.
- Group Ex/Cycle Studios will have limited capacity to ensure social distancing.
- Water fountains (bottle fillers only)
- Please pay attention to signage at your branch.
- Day passes for out of state guests
- Steam rooms
- Coffee service
- Towel service