Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open!
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
Welcome to Preschool at the Complex!
Thank you for choosing Preschool at the Complex! Our goal is to provide a safe, stimulating and fun environment for children to learn through participation. We incorporate the Y’s core values: Honesty, Responsibility, Respect and Caring in our activities. The YMCA of Upper Palmetto is committed to providing the highest quality Preschool possible. We are excited about the unique programming opportunities provided by our Preschool program. We strive to develop the whole child through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. This program offers quality, affordable preschool programming for children ages 3-5. Class space is limited.
A non-refundable $125.00 registration fee will be due at the time of registration to ensure a spot in the program.
Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis. Anyone interested in registering their child must come to the Fort Mill Complex to enroll.
Preschool Monthly Tuition Rates
In our youngest class we mainly focus on social skills (learning to be away from mom and dad, sharing, speaking up about our needs, and interacting with others). We incorporate a daily circle time focusing on a weekly theme, art, story time, music, active play, a daily snack, and lots of time for free choice play and exploring.
*Turning 3 between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31, 2021
- 2 Day (Tues/Thurs) | $200 member | $250 non-member
** These are member/non-member rates. Member rate is currently discounted $50.00.
All children must be completely potty trained and have up-to-date immunizations in order to be enrolled into the program.
- Outdoor adventures on the preschool trail, outdoor classroom and science and nature programs promote curiosity about the world around them.
- Learning to share, take turns, plan, work and play with others promote wonderful life-long skills.
- Educational learning through hands-on activities and interactive play teach children their ABC’s, 123’s, colors, shapes and other themes preparing for kindergarten.
- Stories, poetry, dramatization and books lead children on adventures and stretch their imagination.
- Clay, play-dough, crayons, markers, scissors and other manipulatives aid in the development of sm
- all motor skills.
- Arts, crafts and painting time explore the creative side of young minds.
- Water play in our indoor pool, besides being lots of fun, helps to build self-confidence and coordination.
- Our Playball Program, outdoor play, gym time and classroom movement all promote physical fitness, increases large motor skills and develop good sportsmanship.
- We incorporate science and nature with most of our lesson plans and educational themes to promote an interest in the outdoor world. We give students an opportunity to learn about and get close to nature through hands-on activities while utilizing our outdoor hiking trail.
- Learning through song and music builds listening and attention skills, in addition to self-expression and cooperation with others.
- Lunch Bunch is offered on select Wednesdays and Thursdays each month. Children bring their lunch and stay until 2:00 pm, enjoying fun activities and playtime.
1) First and last month tuition is required prior to the start of school.
2) Remaining monthly payments need to be set up on our auto draft system. This can be done through a credit card or bank draft.
For payment information please contact the Preschool Director, Rhonda Wild, at [email protected] or 803-547-1064. Preschool staff are unable to process any payments.
Auto draft will be required for the remainder of the monthly school year tuition which will be drafted on the first business day of each month beginning in September.
The building is secure and access is monitored by staff during all hours of preschool operation. The program offers six classrooms, an outdoor natural playground, a preschool hiking trail and outdoor classroom and access to appropriate amenities within the Recreation Complex.
Preschool at the Complex is part of the Fort Mill Complex at the UPYMCA located at:
971 Tom Hall Street
Fort Mill, SC 29715.
When faced with potentially dangerous weather conditions, the Preschool at the Complex will follow the Fort Mill School District’s decision on closings. Information can be found on their website, www.fortmillschools.org, and on local news stations in Rock Hill and Charlotte – we are York County District 4. If the FMSD should delay public school openings, Preschool at the Complex will CLOSE for the day. Public school delays may be found at the sources listed above.
Should inclement weather occur after preschool begins, we encourage parents to pick up their child as soon as possible.
Three Year Old | 8:45am – 12:00pm
*Late fees begin at 12:10pm
Four Year Old | 8:45am – 12:30pm*
*Staggered pick-up times will be assigned and late fees will depend on your group assignment.
The Preschool Program follows the Fort Mill School District calendar. A complete calendar, outlining the school closings and holidays, will be provided.