The Essence of the Y
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the YMCA of Upper Palmetto ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Everyone Is Welcome
The YMCA welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied membership based on their ability to pay. The YMCA of Upper Palmetto provides membership assistance to youth, adults and families based on individual needs and circumstances.
Committed to Our Community
Determining financial assistance amounts is handled in a fair and consistent manner. Every YMCA member receives the same membership benefits, regardless of whether they are receiving financial assistance.
- Those not able to pay the full fee may receive assistance based on their financial ability. The Y Financial Assistance Program reduces membership and/or program fees; it does not eliminate them.
- Financial Assistance is granted for a specific time period, usually two years. The YMCA requests that applicants reapply bi-annually, with updated documentation. If you do not reapply at the time requested, your financial assistance will expire.
The Y welcomes all people to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, background, or income has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. Our Financial Assistance Program is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership or programs.
Eligibility Requirements for Financial Assistance
- Parents/Guardians applying for assistance with Afterschool care must either be enrolled in school or employed.
- Financial Assistance cannot be made retro-active or used for any outstanding balance due. It is only valid from the date approved.
Applying is simple. Fill out the online scholarship application and submit. You will then receive an email asking for the required documents for income verification. Once that step is completed, you will find out whether your application is approved.
Proof of Household Income:
Most recent 1040 tax return OR
- Banking statements with account information blacked out(full month)
- Two most recent consecutive paychecks
- Social Security statements
- Disability statement
- Proof of child support/alimony
- Unemployment statement with amount included
- SNAP Benefit forms
- Other forms of income
Proof of Dependency
Most recent 1040 tax return OR
- School records
- Letter from DSS naming you guardian of dependent
- Copy of birth certificate
- If you have any other documents you believe will help us determine your need for financial assistance, please include those.
- You will receive a letter or email within 1-2 weeks regarding outcome.
- Take the letter to the branch to join along with drafting information or payment for 12 months in full.
Please allow 1 week processing time before calling.
Missing information or incomplete applications will result in a delay of processing time.
No. Financial assistance cannot be made retro-active or used for any outstanding balance due. It is only valid from the date approved.
Financial Assistance is granted in 24 month increments and MUST be renewed in order to maintain and keep application information up-to-date. If member is on monthly draft and does not renew, the membership will be canceled. Fees are subject to increase upon renewal.
A month prior to when your Financial Assistance expires, you will receive notification that it is time to renew via email or traditional mail. In our communication, there will be an application available for renewal.