We know firsthand how difficult it can be to find a balance in life. That’s why we’re here with you every day, making sure that you, your family and your community have the resources and support needed to learn, grow and thrive. With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will not just bring about meaningful change in yourself, but in your community too.
Visit any of our YMCA locations to join. We also offer facility tours and helpful information about all the amenities and services the Y has to offer.
Benefits of Membership
Group Fitness Classes
No Annual Contract
All memberships include access to any of our tri-county area YMCA locations.
YMCA of Upper Palmetto also accepts Silver Sneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active memberships. If you believe you are eligible for one of these packages, please visit us at any of our branches to sign up.
- All members are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct.
- The Adult + Dependents categories are designed to accommodate all those who wish to add additional adults or dependents to their membership.
- To qualify for the Adult + Dependents categories, members must reside at the same address and pay monthly dues from one bank account. To learn more about the Adult + Dependents category, please inquire at your local branch.
- For Senior Memberships, the age of the individual completing the first page of the application is responsible for the payment and determines the membership category.
Click here to view the Youth Fitness Policy.
- Ages 9 & Under – Not allowed on fitness floors or indoor track with or without a parent present
- Ages 10-11 – Blue Wristband
- Access to cardio machines, indoor track and pin select machines (parent/guardian within arm’s length)
- Ages 12-14 – Orange Wristband
- Full access to cardio machines, indoor track and pin select machines
- Access to group exercise classes and free weight area (parent/guardian within arm’s length)
*Excludes functional training rooms
- Ages 15+ – No Wristband
- Full access to all equipment
Membership cancellations and changes must be submitted IN PERSON to the Y and it must be done by the last day of the month to avoid further bank draft charges. Failure to do so will result in that month’s draft amount being non-refundable.
Children, ages 13 and under, will be REQUIRED to swim test to determine swimming ability. A colored wristband, green or red, will be required before entry into the pool. Green Band swimmers have access to all pool areas. Red Band swimmers are required to wear a life jacket or PFD, which includes those who are unwilling to swim test.
Special Membership Types
The Y welcomes all people to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, backgrounds, or income has the opportunity to learn grow and thrive. Our Financial Assistance Program is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership or programs.
Through a corporate membership at the Upper Palmetto YMCA, employees can get fit, stay fit, and save money… all while helping your company improve its fiscal health. Companies with at least five employees are eligible.
The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) is a union representing the interests of football players. To assist former football players in their transition from the playing field to life after the game, the NFLPA has identified a need for services that impact the long-term health and well-being of eligible players. The NFLPA is providing funding along with “The Trust” (a sperate organization focused on providing more intensive supports to former players who have 2 credited NFL seasons) for former NFL players to obtain memberships to the YMCA in their communities.
Contact Krysten Franks at 803-324-9622 x231 or see a staff member at any Upper Palmetto YMCA for more information.
In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA, the Department of Defense is proud to offer 6-month gym membership at participating YMCA facilities. The Military Outreach Initiative provides government funding for eligible military families to receive memberships at full-facility YMCAs in their communities. Contact Krysten Franks at 803-324-9622 x231 or see a staff member at any Upper Palmetto YMCA for more information.
As our appreciation for former service, the joining fee is waived for all US Veterans.