The Indian Land YMCA Youth Flag Football League is for ages 3-11. This program is a youth recreational league that allows participants of all levels a chance to play. At the Y, every child plays at least half of every game. The leagues will emphasize football skill development, good sportsmanship, character development, teamwork, and FUN!
PRACTICES & GAMES
One-hour practices are scheduled Monday-Thursday between 5:30 pm-9:00 pm beginning with 7 & 8 coed teams, starting the week of October 16th-19th. All age groups will play games on Saturdays, starting October 28th.
Jerseys and Shorts must be ordered before the first game. Please use this link to order your jersey.
Team/Coach info will be EMAILED on October 11th.
Coaches Meeting: Tuesday, October 10th @ 6:00pm
Other Equipment Required: Cleats
We will break on October 31st and November 20-25th, meaning No practices! Make up day for Halloween is November 3rd.
Last Games/Awards Day: December 6th
Game Schedules will be posted on our sports website,
Indianlandysports.com, on or before, October 19th
Sick Policy: If your child shows any flu-like symptoms, please do not attend practice or games. Your child may return to practice and games when there are no symptoms.
- If the YMCA has to cancel any programming due to government mandate in the State of South Carolina or if the YMCA chooses to cancel due to rising cases or exposure within the program, then we would offer participants the option to have an online credit placed on their account or for a full refund back to their original payment method.
- If the parent or player cannot participate because they have been asked to quarantine or are sick, then a refund would not be given.
Weather Policy: Games and Practices are subject to be canceled due to weather. Games and practices may not be made up and no refunds will be given due to weather.
What to Expect for this age group:
- Introduction to Positions
- Pass Routes/Offensive Plays
- Introduction to Defensive Coverage
At this age level, the fundamentals are a little more fine-tuned, allowing for positions and play-calling to be involved. Expect players to understand positions and coaches to implement plays from the sidelines. More importantly, they will have fun and develop a love for the game.
Contact Information: Troy Love, Program Director
E: [email protected]
Flag Football - 7 & 8 Year Old