Age determination is based on the participant’s age on or before February 24th, 2024.
This league is BOYS ONLY.
PRACTICES AND GAMES
- Ages 13-14 will have one-hour practices once during a weekday (M, T, W, Th, Fr) from 5:00 pm-9:00 pm.
- Ages 13-14 will play games on Saturdays starting Jan 13th.
- Game times can range anywhere from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Jerseys and Shorts must be ordered before the first game. Please use this link to order your jersey.
- Coaches Meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 19th @ 6:00 pm
- Team/Coach info will be EMAILED on Dec. 20th.
- Other Equipment Required: Athletic, non-scuff Shoes
Last Games/Awards Day: February 24th
Game Schedules will be posted on our sports website, indianlandysports.com
We are Closed on Jan 1st. No practices! Make-up day for this holiday is Jan 5th.
Children are not the only key component of YMCA Youth Sports Programs. The YMCA relies on dedicated adult volunteers to provide leadership as coaches, officials, scorekeepers, and team parents and assist with fundraising campaigns. Your time and talents are needed at the YMCA.
Sick Policy: If your child is showing any flu-like symptoms, please do not attend practice or games. Your child may return to practice and games when there are no symptoms.
What to Expect:
- Introduction to Zone Defense
- Passing & Movement
- Finishing & Shooting
- Defensive schemes
- Learning to move their feet on defense
- Double dribbling & Traveling will be called
This is where motor skills are more refined. More fouls happen here. Children now can think in advance and begin to anticipate where the ball will be, as well as have the ability to stay at tasks longer. Children can identify with a team and begin to make friends. Socialization becomes very important. This is where “traditional” basketball is being played. Repetition of skills becomes very important and rules are more defined at this level.
Contact Information: Troy Love, Program Director E [email protected]